Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whole Grain Bread Ingredients Are Whole Grain Whites Good For You Or Are The Companies Trying To Mislead You?

Are whole grain whites good for you or are the companies trying to mislead you? - whole grain bread ingredients

How do I hide the whole grain? I do not see how the whole grain white bread, if you can bleach hide. I prefer whole wheat bread, white bread, but tastes better on certain things like grilled cheese and French toast, so sometimes I go to buy bread. Will I lose my money with a white whole grain?

2 comments:

Jessica R said...

I used to buy wheat flour from King Arthur, which was made from white wheat - wheat white ground finer than traditional wheat. I think that is what all the hard white wheat used further.

What does the nutritional value of traditional whole-wheat vs. brown, I do not know - but the hard white wheat is a true whole grain.

Of course, it remains to say 100% whole grain bread.

Update: You have my curiosity. Here is an article on white wheat. He said that the nutritional and dietary fiber content is the same as the traditional red wheat.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005 ...

HamTownG... said...

Make sure it says "100% whole wheat." They are almost always brown or brown. Check the ingredients. Only the wheat not whole wheat.

Post a Comment